
A few weeks ago, we drove along the main road in our village, like we do 2-3 times every day, and we passed a dump truck. Nothing unusual about that either. There was a horrible thump, and our van actually shuddered, and I seriously wondered if a giant rock had just hit the roof and made a hole in it! Immediately I called out to the kids....,'Are you all OK?", and they all shouted yes. The dump truck never even slowed down. Possibly it didn't know what it had done.
We arrived at our destination and I surveyed the roof for damage. To my surprise, it was completely fine. Our front windshield, however, was not. Low down, on the passenger side, was a quarter size shatter - as if it would break away into a thousand pieces. Paul checked it and worked with our insurance to see how things like this are covered in England. It turns out we needed a new windshield, and fantastically but very surprising to me was the fact that they come TO YOUR HOUSE to fix it!!! Now that is one amazing service that we could use in the U.S.!
We made arrangements for that to happen, and today was the day. They give you a 4 hour window during which they will arrive, so it's unrealistic to just sit there perfectly ready for them. As it was, I was JUST getting the boys ready for a bath when the doorbell rang. We were all interested in watching the repair, but it's cold outside and the boys were in a state of undress, and I doubt they would have wanted us standing outside watching them, with broken glass lying around, so we hurried into the girls' room and had a great "balcony" view of the repair. It was great, except that Andrew had about 15,000 questions that I couldn't answer (i.e. what's that tool called?......"why is he taking that thing off?"...."what's that plastic thing" etc.)
It was really cute to see them so interested, and I snapped a picture. I thought you'd enjoy. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
No comments:
Post a Comment