Friday, 2 May 2008

Friday, May 2nd The ducks are back

We came home from ballet last night and the mom and dad duck were sound asleep, nested together in our yard. When I let the kids out of the car, they disturbed the ducks so that they were waddling around the yard. I would have preferred to take a picture of them so calm and content right near the path to our front door. However, I still captured the "duck moment".

















The kids had a GREAT time feeding them. You can see that John decided to eat his food, instead of feeding it to the ducks. He’d repeat, “just a little bit”, and tear off the tiniest bit of pancake....and then decide to eat it at the last minute. I love his age!











Don’t let the lush (badly needing cut) grass fool you. It’s rained here EVERY DAY for at LEAST the last week. We do have very nice periods of sunshine. They last for about an hour or 2, and then down comes the rain. We can’t find a period dry enough to cut the grass. AND, it's COOL! Today it was 47 degrees around 10am. The boys and I went out back and played some baseball, but I wore my winter coat and gloves. Next week it’s supposed to be in the upper 60s. We are going to the South of England at the end of May to go to what are supposedly some gorgeous beaches. The weather has to improve A LOT for us to feel like wearing bathing suits! The British take it all in stride. They wear lots of layers and claim it’s nice weather on a vacation like ours if it is DRY. I’ll take some pictures. Unless it rains continually, it should be a nice time, and the scenery is supposed to be beautiful. Many British honeymoon in this area.Despite the rain, I managed to take some pictures of my daily drive. See the cloudy sky? Even with the lack of heat, and all of the wetness, I can still appreciate the pretty landscape.











No comments: