Today we drove into
When you are away from home and just hanging out, you get creative with your play. Kathryn has always found useful purposes for scrunchies. I thought this was hilarious!
And here's the back....
John is really growing up! He was just relaxing, playing with the leapster on the nice cozy bed he made on the couch.
He was GREAT with the stylist - super good fine motor skills!
I think it's just a parent thing. We both love to see our kids while they are sleeping (while they are awake, too, but there is something special about watching them sleep). Here are the boys:
And the girls:
These are the apes that my mom bought for them in Gibraltar. They still love them. John is also holding an octopus pool toy that he named, "Oxygen". He took it almost everywhere in Spain! (This is one of Megan's pictures, and Kathryn is serving Megan with love by wearing her ape in the picture for her!)
Ah, there is Megan and her ape.
Finally, since we ARE in Spain, I thought it was appropriate to include a couple of pictures of our surroundings, even if today we didn't go to these exact places!
Here is a picture that Megan took of Ronda.
Here is a picture that I took of us walking along one of the side streets in Ronda. (Megan and John are in the picture)
Finally, a funny story and perplexing mystery for us.....while we were getting ready for the pool, I couldn't find the suntan lotion. I had packed 3 bottles, and we had kept them on the balcony. What confused me even more was that the 2 sets of sand buckets was missing from the balcony as well.
It had been windy one night, but not terribly windy. The sand toys MIGHT have blown off, but every single one of them - even the buckets? Also, I really didn't think the weightier bottles of suntan lotion had blown off....could they?
I searched inside cupboards, thinking that John had hidden them somewhere. Everyone claimed that they knew nothing about the missing items.
Paul peered over the balcony and we were half shocked and half amused. Lying on top of the bushes were ALL of the sand toys. There was one extremely probably culprit.
Yes, John.
At first he denied it, but later he confessed that he wanted to see what would happen. It must have been good, because he emptied the balcony! We were on the 2nd story and could not reach them. The bushes were DEEP, and Paul and my dad had to wade into the bushes delicately, without damaging them, and also dig under them to find the heavier bottles of suntan lotion! I DEFINITELY wanted those suntan lotion bottles back because I was shocked at the price of them at the grocery store. In general, Spain has been far cheaper than living in England, except for suntan lotion. The sunscreen in the groc store was $15-20/bottle, and even more (of course) at the little convenience shop at the resort!
What a crazy boy! It's always good fun to travel with a 3 year old. I wish I had a picture, but I wasn't thinking.
Tomorrow we are going to another Spanish village, Mijas. We've heard that there are donkey taxis!




No comments:
Post a Comment