Wednesday, 1 August 2007

Friday, July 19th The fun has begun!!!!

Yesterday was day one of our upcoming several weeks of visitors and traveling. Kathryn’s Kindergarten teacher and her husband visited us yesterday and they have the honor of being our first visitors from Austin. It was absolutely wonderful to see them. It was VERY special for me to see John allowing someone besides Paul and I to care for him – he loved the Whites! We went into Cambridge for a short time and had a beautiful walk. I had to pick up the girls from school, so we spent some time showing the Whites Kathryn’s room at school and she got to talk with Kathryn’s Year 1 teacher here. Afterwards we went to the park for awhile, so they could see how idyllic it is on a nice English summer day.

The Whites were FANTASTIC visitors, and we were overjoyed to have someone from Austin visit us. Thanks for the great visit, Diane and Steve! We loved seeing you!

Today my sister and her husband and 2 children arrived. The first thing her kids noticed about our house is the front door – the doorknob is in the middle of the door. I’m not sure why that is, but they thought it was “neat”. I’m sure it will be fun to see more European things through their eyes in the upcoming days.

No comments: