Sorry I haven’t been blogging regularly. Here are some pictures of the kids, since I haven’t posted any for awhile.
WOW, what a difference a year makes! I feel SO MUCH better! It is VERY nice to feel “on top” of things. Andrew’s birthday is rolling around (end of February), and I know the venue, who to invite, and how to “run” a kids’ party in England. We have ALL of our vacations BOOKED for the year – no more last minute scrambles and worries about places being booked. “Key Stage 2” (a term that I now understand), which includes Megan, has started a weekly trip to the swimming pool at school for the next 9 weeks. I have all of the supplies, including the required swim cap, and we’re not frantically trying to find a store that sells them. I’m even sort of organizing the house! I say that loosely, because I tolerate “piles of things” much easier than Paul does; however, I am trying to go through some of the kids’ things and get rid of things that we really don’t need. I SO wish there was someone here we could give them to! People here don’t appreciate “hand me downs”. They are actually rather offended at the idea! Still, I feel GREAT, and I look back at last year and am completely relieved that we’re not living through it again.
God is very good. I’ve been praying for a change in my attitude, and He provided. Do you know what I think made the most difference? Failing my driving test! I failed, and the earth didn’t shatter. Paul didn’t come unglued, or have to leave work every day at 2:30 to pick up the girls at school to run them home. The police haven’t showed up at our house to “get me”. I have survived and not gone to pieces over a failure. Honestly, I think the test looming was a huge stress point for me! I still want to get it behind me, but I feel more confident and less nervous.
It’s just wonderful to know our doctors, dentists, restaurants, and how to maintain the house. We have friends and a social group. Ahhh....life feels GREAT again, and it’s exciting to think of enjoying some traveling this year.
Keep praying for me – I’m sure that’s how I got to this point, but everyone reading this post should know that I’m doing much better. Thanks for the Christmas cards and phone calls. THEY MATTER!
Next up for us in Andrew’s birthday party at the end of February. Until then, I think I might try to take some pictures of daily life, so you can get a better feel for it. Stay tuned!
WOW, what a difference a year makes! I feel SO MUCH better! It is VERY nice to feel “on top” of things. Andrew’s birthday is rolling around (end of February), and I know the venue, who to invite, and how to “run” a kids’ party in England. We have ALL of our vacations BOOKED for the year – no more last minute scrambles and worries about places being booked. “Key Stage 2” (a term that I now understand), which includes Megan, has started a weekly trip to the swimming pool at school for the next 9 weeks. I have all of the supplies, including the required swim cap, and we’re not frantically trying to find a store that sells them. I’m even sort of organizing the house! I say that loosely, because I tolerate “piles of things” much easier than Paul does; however, I am trying to go through some of the kids’ things and get rid of things that we really don’t need. I SO wish there was someone here we could give them to! People here don’t appreciate “hand me downs”. They are actually rather offended at the idea! Still, I feel GREAT, and I look back at last year and am completely relieved that we’re not living through it again.
God is very good. I’ve been praying for a change in my attitude, and He provided. Do you know what I think made the most difference? Failing my driving test! I failed, and the earth didn’t shatter. Paul didn’t come unglued, or have to leave work every day at 2:30 to pick up the girls at school to run them home. The police haven’t showed up at our house to “get me”. I have survived and not gone to pieces over a failure. Honestly, I think the test looming was a huge stress point for me! I still want to get it behind me, but I feel more confident and less nervous.
It’s just wonderful to know our doctors, dentists, restaurants, and how to maintain the house. We have friends and a social group. Ahhh....life feels GREAT again, and it’s exciting to think of enjoying some traveling this year.
Keep praying for me – I’m sure that’s how I got to this point, but everyone reading this post should know that I’m doing much better. Thanks for the Christmas cards and phone calls. THEY MATTER!
Next up for us in Andrew’s birthday party at the end of February. Until then, I think I might try to take some pictures of daily life, so you can get a better feel for it. Stay tuned!
p.s. The pictures are the following: I’ve been trying and trying to get a picture of all 4 in the Austrian sweaters that my mom bought for them. I may have to keep trying! They are getting more cooperative, but it’s still hard! Megan is GROWING, in all ways. I can’t believe how big she’s getting, and what a GREAT helper she is. Kathryn just started ballet, something she has wanted to do for a LONG time. She LOVES it. It’s the true classical ballet and seems to be a good class. Andrew is growing, too. He LOVES his tape measure, and is starting to play very well with John. John’s personality is coming out and he’s completely wonderful – very good natured and PATIENT. Now if we could only get him to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment